Tykes FC FAQ’s
To learn more about the Tykes FC programs and practices, please click on the question below for more information.
- Can my child join in the middle of a program?While we recommend joining a practice or program at the beginning, yes we offer open enrollment and a child may join in the middle. If this is the case, the remaining practice sessions will be prorated accordingly.
- What clothing is appropriate?Children should wear indoor soccer shoes (no cleats) and clothing that they can be active/comfortable in. We do offer Tykes FC uniforms that children can wear as well to encourage team spirit.
- Are practices coed?Yes, each practice has a mix of boys and girls based upon enrollment.
- Do you offer private practices?If the field is available, we offer private practices for groups of 5 or more children. Please note, private practices are not used as one-on-one training.
- Is there a way to guarantee a spot for my child in all upcoming practices?While we love our active members, each practice or session is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Do the coaches have any training?We take coaching your child seriously and carefully select each coach based upon their experience of working with young children and a knowledge of the game. Before working with your child, each coach must have a completed background check and go thru our training program.
- Can I register my child online?Absolutely! Register online at www.tykesfc.com/schedule.
- What if my child misses a program practice?We understand that sometimes it doesn’t work for your child to be at every practice. If your child misses, they may make up a missed practice in the current session. Please note that we cannot guarantee a spot.
- Does a parent need to be onsite for each practice?A parent needs to be onsite for the Keepers and Defenders practices. If your child is potty trained and registered for the Midfielders or Strikers practice, you may drop them off.
- Can I register my child for only one practice?No, but we offer a free trial practice. Click on the free ticket graphic on the homepage to register for a free trial practice.
- Do you have a policy for the participation of special needs children?We welcome special needs children to any practice session as long as we can assist them properly. Please speak with a Tykes FC coach for more information.
- Is payment required before the session starts or can I pay-as-you-go?Each session must be paid in full before the session begins unless your child is joining in the middle of a session in which case the practice must be paid for at the prorated amount before their first practice.
- Can I register my child for multiple days?Yes! You must register your child for each practice session and pay before the session begins unless joining in the middle of the session. We also offer children that participate in more than one class session a discount. Please talk with a Tykes FC coach to learn more.
- Can my child participate on any day?NO. To maintain the best coach to child ratio we ask that your child attends their practice on the provided practice day. That being said, call Tykes FC to arrange any make up practices.
Programs & Practices
- How long does a practice/session last?Each practice lasts approximately 50 minutes and each session lasts 8 weeks.
- What is the ratio of coaches and children?The coaches to children ratios depends on the practice enrollment. Our goal is one coach to every 8 children.
- If the practice seems too easy for my child, can he/she be advanced to the next practice even if he/she isn't of age?Absolutely! If a practice advancement is appropriate physically and mentally for your child, we will work with their coach to determine if an advancement is appropriate with the next practice’s age group and skills.
- Can siblings of different ages be placed in the same practice?Typically siblings of different age groups are not placed in the same practice unless a child has advanced physically and emotionally where a coach deems it ok for advancement. Please note, we offer a variety of practice schedules that are offered at the same time to accommodate family scheduling which allows siblings to participate at the same time.
- Can I request a specific coach?We love our coaches too! While we cannot guarantee that a coach will be available, we do take recommendations or requests.